Thursday, October 21, 2010

Essay

For project 2, we were asked to design the cover for the Broome Community College General Catalog for 2010-2012. We had to visually engage he audience and reflect the mission statement off the college.  My cover goes with the college being technology in the bottom right corner and athletics for the college. Like the first project, we still had to use the principles emphasis, alignment, contrast, balance, flow and repetition to enhance the project. For emphasis, I used a drop shadow on both "General Course Catalog" along with "this is YOUR college" to enhance the readers ability to have there eyes read both of the texts first.  For alignment, I aligned the T in "this your college" with the bottom of the brown on the directory sign.  I also aligned the G from "General Course Catalog" with the top of the E at the end of college.  For contrast, I dropped the contrast on the background image in the middle to be able to make it visually appealing.  For balance, I weighted the image by putting contrasting images on opposite corners of the cover.  If you were to draw a diagonal over the image, the two images would over lap each other.  For flow, I aligned "this is YOUR college" to be the focal point and to have the readers eye go from that to "General Course Catalog" and around the cover.  For repetition, I repeated the same general concept in my photos with all of them be connecting to Broome Community College.  With staying with principle ideas with this project, I was able to insert an image in the center to give more appeal to the audience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment