Thursday, December 9, 2010

History Poster Essay

For project 3, we were asked to design a history poster using one of the six design styles.  For my design I decided to use modernism in being able to created the history of #44 poster.  #44 being one of the most prestigious numbers ever to be associated with a college football team.   My #44 is associated with Syracuse University.  Like the last two projects, we had to keep in our posters the six design principles emphasis, contrast, balance, alignment, flow and repetition.  For emphasis, I purposely made the #44 bigger than everything else in the poster to allow the reader to know what m poster is about.  Also I located the #44 in the upper right third.  For alignment, I aligned the "s" logo and the beginning of the text to be parallel with the yard markers on the left.  For balance, I was able to use enough negative space to be able to give my poster a little bit of visual tension.  For contrast, I used the contrasting colors of the two players with one having color while the other one being in black and white.  For flow, the whole poster is visually appealing and is all tied together to give the most detail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment